Well, it’s a not very uncommon question on Amazon. That, How to close Amazon Seller Account? There could be a number of reasons why sellers want to close their accounts.
No doubt that Amazon is a very largest marketplace that millions of sellers join every year which means that the competition is really tough. Therefore, many sellers want to close their accounts due to the lack of sales. But they are not aware of how to cancel amazon seller account on Amazon and simply just walk away leaving their accounts unattended. This is not a proper way you need to properly close your Amazon seller central account if you want to get rid of it.
So, in this article, we guide you on how to cancel Amazon seller central account?
So, let’s get right into it.
Steps To Follow Before Closing An Account
In order to delete Amazon account here are some steps that you need to follow.
- Make sure that you have fulfilled any understanding orders.
- Wait for 90 days after your sale to ensure that you’re A-Z claim period is over.
- Wait until your account balance is zero.
- Resolve and complete all the buyer’s transactions, including refunds.
- Confirm that you provide the valid bank account information on file to receive the final payment.
- If you have any inventory left in the fulfillment center, submit a request to return or dispose of all that inventory before closing your account.
- Check the performance notification to ensure that your account is restored if it was suspended before closing the account.
How To Delete Amazon Seller Account Permanently?
After you follow these steps go to “Account info” under the “Settings” drop-down menu.
Click “Close Account”.
After that fill in the required fields and click on “Send”. The request will be sent to Amazon for deleting your account.
After submitting the request, you will get the confirmation via email. If there will be any issue while deleting your account Amazon will send you a detailed email with the reason why your account cannot get canceled.
Remember one thing once you deleted or closed your account then you cannot reactivate or reinstate your closed account.
How To Cancel Amazon Professional Seller Account?
How to cancel Amazon seller account membership?
This is the most asked question asked by sellers these days. Why?
Because when a seller will not get enough sales then why would he will keep paying a monthly fee. He will definitely cancel his subscription.
Canceling account membership means degrading your account from a professional selling plan to an individual selling plan.
To cancel your Amazon marketplace subscription, go to “Account info” and click “Manage” under “Your Services”.
Click on “Downgrade” and then proceed.
What Will Happen After Deleting The Amazon Seller Account Permanently?
After deleting the Amazon Seller account permanently
- You will have no access to your seller account.
- You cannot review your order history, issue refunds, process returns, or respond to any A-to-Z claims.
- You will not be able to credit your balance once you deleted your account.
How To Temporarily Close Your Amazon Account?
If you want to take a break from your Amazon business?
Then this will be a great option for you. Amazon facilities its sellers to temporarily close their Amazon accounts if they don’t want to close their accounts permanently. By temporarily closing your account you can open your account again with the same business name.
Alternate options for temporarily closing Amazon account are
- Switch to vacation mode
- Close listing
- Delete listing
Switch To Vacation Mode
Vacation mode is a great tool for sellers who want to take a break from their business. Vacation mode enables you to inactivate your listing for a planned period of time.
In this way, a seller can protect his account from negative feedback. It usually takes 36-hours to inactivate your listing from the account and you can activate it whenever you want. The best thing about vacation mode is you can still generate revenue if your orders are fulfilled by Amazon.
To start vacation mode on Amazon
Go to “Settings” and select “Account Info”.
Click on the “Vacation setting”, select inactive, and submit your request.
If there are certain products for which you are unable to fulfill the order, then instead of deleting or closing the account you can close that Amazon listing. In this way, you can solve all the technical issues without losing your Amazon seller account.
In order to close the Amazon listing
Go to “Manage Inventory”.
select your product listing, click on the edit, and from the drop-menu menu select close listing. This will make your listing inactive.
If there are certain products that you don’t want to sell anymore you can delete such a listing.
In order to delete the Amazon listing
Go to “Manage Inventory”.
Select your product listing, click on the edit, and from the drop-menu menu select delete product listing. This will make your listing inactive.
What Will Happen If I Close My Amazon Seller Account?
If you choose to close your Amazon seller account, the following things may happen:
- Your listings will be removed: Any listings you have created will be removed from Amazon’s marketplace.
- Pending orders will be canceled: If you have any pending orders, they will be canceled, and customers will be notified that their orders cannot be fulfilled.
- Your funds will be disbursed: Any funds you have in your account will be disbursed to your bank account within the next 90 days, depending on the disbursement schedule.
- Your account information will be deleted: Once your account is closed, all of your account information, including your seller profile, performance metrics, and customer feedback, will be deleted.
- Your tax information will be retained: Amazon will retain your tax information in compliance with the law.
Before closing your Amazon seller account, you should ensure that you have no pending issues or disputes with Amazon or its customers. You should also make sure to withdraw any funds in your account and close any outstanding transactions. It is also essential to note that closing your Amazon seller account may affect your ability to sell on other marketplaces in the future.
Why Can’t I Close My Amazon Seller Account?
There may be several reasons why you are unable to close your Amazon seller account:
- You have outstanding issues or disputes: If you have any unresolved issues or disputes with Amazon or its customers, you may not be able to close your account until these are resolved.
- You have a negative balance: If your account has a negative balance, you may not be able to close it until the balance is paid off.
- You are in the process of transferring your account: If you are in the process of transferring your account to a new owner or merging it with another account, you may not be able to close it until the process is complete.
- You have an active subscription: If you have an active subscription, such as Amazon Professional Selling Plan, you may need to cancel it before closing your account.
- Your account is under review: If Amazon is reviewing your account for any reason, you may not be able to close it until the review is complete.
If you are unable to close your Amazon seller account, you should contact Amazon Seller Support for assistance. They can help you identify any issues that need to be resolved before closing your account and guide you through the process.
How Long Does It Take To Close Amazon Account
The time it takes to close an Amazon account can vary depending on the reason for closing the account and any outstanding issues that need to be resolved. In general, if there are no outstanding issues or disputes, it can take up to 48 hours for Amazon to process the request and close the account.
However, if there are any unresolved issues, disputes, or pending transactions, it may take longer for Amazon to close the account. For example, if you have a negative balance or pending orders, Amazon may need to wait until the issues are resolved before closing the account. In such cases, it may take up to several weeks or even months to close the account.
It is also essential to note that Amazon may retain certain information, such as tax records and transaction histories, even after an account is closed. It is recommended to review Amazon’s policies regarding account closure and any associated fees or penalties before proceeding with the closure of an Amazon account.
I hope after reading the article you understand all the possible ways how to cancel your Amazon seller account both permanently and temporarily.
Unless you are not sure that closing or deleting an account is right for you go for a temporary option. However, if you decided to close your Amazon seller account try to sell it first because you can easily earn handsome amount from your account.
If you still have any questions, feel free to ask at Amazon Seller Forum. We will be happy to help you. Thank you.